Sunday, March 29, 2009

Seven Deadly Sins

Lust would seem to be a contributing factor to any sexual encounter that involves throwing a condom out of a car window. For some reason I don't imagine a lot of slow and tender, Barry White style love-making sessions take place in the backseat of an automobile. I could be wrong though.







I think I've got a new idea for a marketing slogan that's really gonna help precious gem peddlers move product. This is just off the top of my head, mind you, but I think it's a good start:

Diamonds. Fuck practicality and good sense; buy a really expensive shiny rock to wear on your finger.

Or how about:
If you're poor and can't afford a diamond, you don't really love the women you want to marry.

Seriously though, can someone please explain to me how absurdly expensive rocks became synonymous with love and commitment? "I want to marry you and be with you forever, so I blew three months pay on this thing for your finger." It's just stupid and the fact that this idea has become so ingrained in our culture truly speaks to the extent to which vanity, greed, and gluttony have run amuck.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Adam - First of all I would like to say that Lust is a sin that has limitless potential, but finding the day-after results of lust has a huge gross factor. As for the greed shot, perhaps you should have looked into using a polarizing filter to help eliminate the reflections in the window. Its one of those filters (along with a UV Filter) that every photographer should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked into getting a circular polarizer some time ago but then I decided to forego any filter purchases until I finally get some decent equipment that I'll hang onto for awhile. I don't want to have to re-buy a bunch of filters further down the road. I guess I could always buy a step up ring and buy a larger filter but then I'd have to decide ahead of time what particular lenses I'd be buying in the future...and how the hell am I supposed to do that?

    ReplyDelete